We are currently seeking a Research Associate in Biology to work with our agile team in our Boston Seaport office/lab.
- Design, execute, and independently run biology experiments
- Critically analyze, interpret, and present data to the team
- Collaborate with senior researcher(s) to develop, optimize, validate, and automate cellular assays to characterize small molecules inhibitors for hit-finding, hit-to-lead, and lead-optimization
- Communicate ideas and results to internal and external parties in verbal, written, and presentation formats
- Establish cellular models of disease and execute assays to evaluate drug activity and mechanism of action
- B.S. (with 0-2 years’ wet lab experience) or M.S. in biology or related fields, with an emphasis on biochemistry, cell biology, and molecular biology
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture assays
- Expertise with a variety of laboratory techniques such as ELISA, western blots, immunofluorescence, qPCR, and gene expression
- Strong ability to analyze and communicate complex data in a clear and concise manner
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Additional Experience of Interest
- Experience with biochemical assays, FACS, generation of engineered cell lines, and liquid handling automation
- Experience with molecular cloning, immunohistochemistry, and protein characterization
Psivant Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.